Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

But It's a Dry Heat!

It's not unusual for it to be hot in Missouri around the 4th of July.  The last weather forecast I saw had a string of 100+ degree daytime temps forecast through Saturday.  What is unusual is the humidity - or lack there of.  As I type this blog the humidity is under 40%.  At least that's one good thing about our current mini-drought.  That, and all the gas I'm saving from not having to mow my lawn. 

Meanwhile, friends and relatives in Florida are no longer worried about drought as Tropical Storm Debby dumps copious amounts of rainfall across the state.  In Florida, they no longer ask "Why did the chicken cross the road."  Now they ask "Why did the fish cross the road?"  (Answer: To get to the other tide).

With a string of 100+ degree days, I am not looking forward to getting my electricty bill.  Exceptionally cold weather or exceptionally hot weather always makes me open the bill with a little fear and trepidation.  No matter what my bill is,  I'm certain it will be better than the one Abilene, Texas resident Kristin Harriger received from Potentia Energy this month.  It showed she had used $1,381,783.92 worth of electricity in May.  That was up from $100.78 in April.  And if she failed to come up with the money on time, the late pay fee would be $66,000. 

I have three words for Kristin:  LEVEL PAY PLAN!

After checking into it, Potentia Energy customer service personnel allowed as how the bill might be erroneous and they would check into it.  Looking on the bright side, Ms Harriger just saved a ton of money on her medical bills.  Usually it takes a thousand dollar stress test to assure you your heart is strong.  All it took for Kristin was an erroneous electricity bill.

Kristin Harriger
Kristen Harriger's Profile Pic on Facebook. 
No word whether she was this pale before opening her electric bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment